Last Friday I emailed the CoderDojos in Cork and I currently have five CoderDojos who have agreed to help me with my Case Study by taking part in semi-structured interviews and allowing me to conduct an observational study at each of their dojos. I will follow up with the dojos I have not received a response from this week.
The Coderdojos on board include:
- Mahon – CityGate – Friday 5-7pm – Barbara
- Mahon – Intel – Wednesdays 6-7.30pm – Geoff & Will
- HolyHill – Friday 6.30-8pm – Michelle & David
- Cork Institute of Technology – Friday 4-6pm – Carole
- Carrigaline – Thursday 6-7.30pm – Brian
- IBM, Cork Airport Business Park – Michael – Saturdays 12-2pm
- Ballyphehane, Top Tory Library – Pat & Deirbhile – ??
Brian the teacher in Carrigaline also made me aware of an after school STEM academy they run at their school (http://stemacademy.ie/) which is the only one of it’s kind in Ireland. When I meet wiith Brian I will be keen to learn more about this club as well as the coderdojo.
My next plan is to design a plan of engagement with the leaders of these dojos – what do I want to find out, how do I conduct the interview, where will I conduct it, how will I collect the data, how will I analyse it, etc. Similar questions need to be asked re: the observational study.